Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the best streaming site on the net please register and enjoy the shows we have for you

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gazidis - Arsenal not in crisis

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LiamAVFC1985
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Gazidis - Arsenal not in crisis Empty
PostSubject: Gazidis - Arsenal not in crisis   Gazidis - Arsenal not in crisis I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 7:56 pm

Gazidis - Arsenal not in crisis Gazidis_1884947

Gazidis: Backing Wenger

Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis has rejected claims that the club have entered a period of crisis.
The Gunners have come in for heavy scrutiny after a fourth trophyless season in a row.
Manager Arsene Wenger has felt the brunt of the criticism for his continued faith in a youthful side that has struggled this season.
But while Gazidis admits the campaign has been disappointing, the American is confident that the side are heading in the right direction.
He said on the club's official website: "I am not happy where we ended up but I am pleased we are disappointed by it.
Perspective

"There are other clubs who would feel this is a good position. Or we could say in December if someone had said we'd have been in this position then we would have bitten their hands off.
"So why aren't we feeling great about it? The answer is because we have higher expectations.
"But this is not a situation where we should be over-reactive and feel that we are in crisis. We are not. We have a team with an average age of 23 or 24 that went to the Champions League semi-finals and is going to get better.
"Does it need to be supplemented? Quite possibly but it is a very, very promising situation for the next four or five years.
"So right now I think it is important to have some perspective and be brutally realistic with ourselves - but not only on the negative side but the positive side as well."
Stubborn

Gazidis also stressed that Wenger is prepared to make changes to the side, following suggestions that the French coach may not have the answers for the Gunners' demise.
"He is not closed-minded," said Gazidis
"The idea that Arsene Wenger is some stubborn guy who is not open to having his ideas challenged and there is nobody there who can say 'listen we need someone with experience in the middle of the park or at the back' just isn't true.
"He is asking questions of himself all the time and talking to people all the time. He does not believe he has all the answers and I see that as one of his strengths.
"He is not someone who takes the easy route to protect himself. He will place the protection of his players above that."
Back to top Go down
https://awwefootballfan.forumotion.com

Gazidis - Arsenal not in crisis
Page 1 of 1