Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the best streaming site on the net please register and enjoy the shows we have for you

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Zola 'proud' of Hammers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LiamAVFC1985
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Zola 'proud' of Hammers Empty
PostSubject: Zola ''proud'' of Hammers   Zola 'proud' of Hammers I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 12:38 am

Zola 'proud' of Hammers Gianfranco-zola_2307804

Zola: Proud man

Gianfranco Zola is proud of his players despite the fact West Ham fell out of European contention after their Goodison Park defeat.
The Hammers saw any remaining hopes of finishing seventh slip away after Fulham and Tottenham both secured victories on Saturday.
Reports about the club's financial status and possible takeover have dominated recent headlines at Upton Park, but Zola says the squad's ability to remain focused has been "remarkable".
"I still remain very, very happy about the way the team has played this year and, as I told the players, I'm very proud of them," he told Sky Sports.
"It has been a difficult season with many problems but what they've done has been very remarkable.
"We tried very hard, to be honest they always give me 100 per cent and I really appreciate that, they've been really good.
Accept

"Although everything was going on around them they always managed to focus on the game and they've done a very good job."
West Ham were put on the back-foot against Everton when centre-back James Tomkins was sent-off for upending Tim Cahill when the Australian was through on goal.
Zola was disappointed with Phil Dowd's decision to show the red card but refused to criticise the referee, saying his judgement must be accepted.
"It was very frustrating," the Italian added.
"We knew it was going to be a difficult game and to be honest we didn't start in the best way but we got a goal and we were holding out very well, the penalty just came at the wrong moment and also losing James Tomkins was a big thing for us.
"Maybe it was a penalty, I don't know if it was necessary to send him off but the referee was there and he's judged it like that and we can only accept it.
"Obviously we had to change the plan completely and to be fair it's not easy to play against this team 11 against 11."
Back to top Go down
https://awwefootballfan.forumotion.com

Zola 'proud' of Hammers
Page 1 of 1