Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the best streaming site on the net please register and enjoy the shows we have for you

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Southgate hurt by boo-boys

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LiamAVFC1985
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Southgate hurt by boo-boys Empty
PostSubject: Southgate hurt by boo-boys   Southgate hurt by boo-boys I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 12:47 am

Southgate hurt by boo-boys Southgate_2307785

Southgate: Hurt by reaction

Middlesbrough boss Gareth Southgate admitted he had been deeply hurt after being booed off the pitch following his side's 1-1 draw against Aston Villa.
Southgate was targeted by a large section of fans after the draw at the Riverside left his side staring down the barrel of relegation.
Relegation is not a mathematical certainty but Boro will only stay up if several results go their way, and Southgate insisted he still would want to bring Boro back up if they do drop into the Championship.
Asked if the booing affected his desire to stay at the club whatever, Southgate said: "It has an impact I have to say.
Emotions

"But I think emotions run high after a game like that, mine were high and so were the emotions of the supporters.
"Whatever happens at the end of the season, I am going to go on holiday and if we didn't stay in this league I would want to take the team back up, I'm pretty clear on that.
"But sometimes a reaction like that has a short-term impact on you - there's no question.
"I live with this hour by hour, not a day goes by when I don't wake up thinking about it, and not an evening goes by without me going to bed think about it.
"I would be lying if I said it didn't hurt, but I am big enough to deal with it."
There was another blow for Southgate when Stewart Downing left the field on a stretcher after damaging his foot and looks certain to miss the last game of the season at West Ham.
"Stewart started the game very well and looked as if he was on his game," added Southgate.
Blow

"It's another blow and it's incredible at a time when you want everyone fit and available we have lost six players in the last fortnight."
Southgate said his players had run out of steam after a excellent first-half show, and blamed "a 30-second spell of madness" for the equaliser when Boro spurned several chances to clear.
But the Boro boss is refusing to give up hope that his side can somehow avoid relegation on the final day of the campaign.
"It's going to be a very tall order for us now, we just have to try to win our game and see what happens elsewhere," he said.
"But there are sure to be twists and turns on the way."
Back to top Go down
https://awwefootballfan.forumotion.com

Southgate hurt by boo-boys
Page 1 of 1